Wednesday, July 7, 2010

OMG! I love Diigo!

I used Diigo last semester as part of a class assignment. This time around, I plan to use Diigo to organize my library. I read so many things online and have often saved important URLs using the functions provided by my web browser. Diigo is by far the best cloud-based information management tool I have found so far. On any website I access, I can highlight text, add a sticky note, bookmark, or make a comment. Whenever I do this, the text is added to my library. My library can be accessed from ANY computer or phone that has internet so I can begin reading something on my PC at work, mark it, and then finish reading it from my PC at home. All notes or highlights I make remain on the pages in my library. I can categorize or organize texts by tags. I can also take pictures (snapshots) of entire pages.
Not only can Diigo be used for group collaboration, it can also be used as a personal learning resource and a tool for organizing everything. The fact that it is available on the cloud means I don’t even have to carry my personal laptop around. I can work and read from any PC in the world.

http://www.diigo.com/

3 comments:

  1. Joice - I too got introduced to Diigo in a course with Dr. Jeong; it's a pretty interesting tool to say the least. There are some great tools out there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey everyone, I enjoyed using Diigo last year, but more as a tool for cluing others in to what I was finding. I'm interested in using it as you describe. Has anyone used De.lic.ious yet to be able to describe pros and cons? I think it's a similar tech, but thought I'd ask for opinions.

    Thanks for the info, Joice!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I tried to use Diigo to highlight the Produsage Reading but it didn't work. Could this be because it is a .pdf file? I use Delicious as my social bookmarking tool, but it doesn't have Diigo's annotation capabilities, so I'd like to use it for this class. Any advice?

    ReplyDelete